December 8, 2008

I can not believe my oldest is over half the size of the tree this year!! Craziness I tell ya! And who knows where he got that shiner. We asked him and he had no clue either. hmmm

We always go over the the in-laws to decorate their Christmas tree with them and the kids take turns each year putting the angel on top...Well as you can see she didn't quite fit this year. So what do the guys do to fix it??? They bring out the big boy toys. We were all so nervous that they were going to clip the light wires but it was all successful and she is standing up straight now. No fallen angel here. ; )
There is no snow around here but we could see some in the hills this weekend they say...I will believe it when I see it. One side of me wants to see the beautiful white stuff on the ground and the other side doesn't because I want my husband to be able to make it to work safely and ya, we want the roads clear for driving safely that is all.
I was feeling bad because school hasn't really gotten done this last week but then I was thinking about everything that the kids have done and after reading Emily's blog re: the same thing...well I realized that they have had music, art, science, math and reading even if they didn't have it all in a work book they still were learning something new. So I don't think there should be any guilt felt on the situation. Home Ec Emily Home Ec. : D
Well off to clean up the house before game night tonight with our friends. We eat and play poker (no money involved) it is a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh that story about cutting the top off the tree is HILARIOUS!!! Did you see that I Love Lucy episode where Fred cuts the tree a little here...a little there...and eventually they have to get a new tree because he cuts it to bits?!? I'm glad the angel was able to fit on top of their tree safely. Your own tree looks gorgeous!!! I can't wait until ours is decorated. It's sitting in the stand in the living room looking a bit forlorn because there are no lights or decorations on it just yet. Ho hum...want to come decorate it with us?!?

Sleepless Stitch said...

I don't remember that episode of I Love Lucy. To funny. :)

Thank I love our tree this year...it took a little bit to find it but I think it turned out really nice!

I know I already answered on your facebook but YES, that would be so much fun to hang out and decorate the tree!!