January 11, 2010

Crochet and Weight

 So I've decided to do this project...

I have ordered yarn for the project but while I'm waiting for that to show up, figured I'd start now and get the hang of the stitches. 
This is what I have so far... they are on #7 but I will catch up quickly... did 1-4 last night and found it a lot of fun and very relaxing.

The colors I'm waiting for won't go with these two colors but I thought I might just finish off this yarn, which isn't much and have a smaller afghan and then start over with the new yarn and make the actual afghan they are making.

Have been horribl with working out and eating better so far this year. Our church has been doing a "Biggest Loser Challenge" Since Summer of last year and have done two competitions this last one being for maintaining thru the Holidays. The third "season" will be starting up on the 24th and my husband out of the blue yesterday asked me if I wanted to do it... Of course anything to get him to take care of himself I'll do! We need this badly and so do the kids... As a family we need to start eating better so that we feel better all around... yes my children are skinny little things but our eating habits are horrible! And the fruits and veggies need to start showing up in our meals more often. 
I don't want this to just be a "diet" I want it to be a life change for all of us and I'm praying that my husband will get on the same page because I would like him to be around for a while. 
It's going to be good and I'm glad he made the choice first and that we are doing this together.
 

1 comment:

stringsofme said...

Glad your hubby took the lead. I always find it easier to follow if my guy leads. Your crochet along looks great. It is fun to do, huh? I'm glad you decided to do it. I'm a few days behind myself but that's ok.