September 16, 2008

Joyous!! UPDATED with Photo!

My dear friend had her little guy last night!! His name is Ethan and well I haven't seen him yet but she told me that he has lots of dark hair and manly hands. : )
He came into the world at 7 lbs. 5 oz. and 19 in. long. Perfection!!
The birth was easy for her and it only took her three pushes. I am so happy for her and they all sound like they are doing very well. Ethan is a sleeper so seems he is likely going to be an easy little guy for them.
I am going to try and go see them tonight after my guy gets home from work.

The urge and feeling that one gets when they long for a baby is not there...I haven't had that since I gave birth to my daughter a little over 5 yrs ago. But I do get emotional when someone I know is having a baby. I do miss being pregnant and I miss the baby stage but I don't miss the giving birth part, at least I don't think I do.

Anyways I just wanted to share a bit of my joy and excitment today!!!
Now just to wait and see when my other friend will be having her little guy...she is ready to go, so just praying that it will happen sooner then later and that all will go smoothly for her too.

Isn't he gorgeous!?! I enjoyed holding him for a little while when we went to visit...what an easy baby he is...I miss those little grunts and squeaks. *sigh*
Have a great day :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh how sweet!! One of my best friends had a baby 3 months ago and I love to hold him, smell him (when he's clean!) and hear all those adorable noises he makes (excluding the crying ones!)...but I am SO done having kids on my own. I loved the baby stages with my kids, but I think if I were to get pregnant now, I wouldn't have the stamina I had before. My youngest is now 7 and I'm... well...I'm old! ha ha OK, I'm almost 43. Still, I am perfectly content to hold my friends' babies and then hand 'em back when I've had my 'fix'.

Congrats to your friend!
Hugs,
Elinor